Monk Prayogshala (Mumbai), in association with the Richard Thaler Center for Behavioural Economics at the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE, Pune) is proud to announce its Workshop on Behavioural and Experimental Economics to be held on 2nd to 3rd April, 2018 at the GIPE campus in Pune, Maharashtra, India. We are grateful to the Society for Advancement of Behavioural Economics (SABE) for sponsoring this workshop.
Behavioural science is fast emerging as a versatile area of scientific knowledge with wide applications. As evidenced by contemporary research in behavioural and experimental economics, there is a steady push toward incorporating behavioural science in resolving various policy issues (particularly in developing countries such as India), addressing organizational challenges, and enhancing our understanding of economic behaviour. This workshop aims to equip participants with the foundational principles of behavioural economics, toolkits to address relevant research problems, and the critical ability to apply lessons from behavioural sciences to diverse areas in policy and organizational issues.
Speakers at our workshop include:
- Prof. Dilip Soman, Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto, Canada
- Prof. Sujoy Chakravarty, Centre for Economic Studies & Planning,
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Dr. Pawan Bakhshi, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, New Delhi
- Dr. Neela Saldanha, Centre for Social and Behaviour Change,
- Ashoka University, Sonepat (TBC)
- Vivek Balaraman, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Research Dev. & Design Centre, Pune
We invite applications from Undergraduate students, Postgraduate students, MPhil students, PhD students, professionals or faculty pursuing research or practice with some background in economics/psychology/public policy.
For further details, please:
- Visit the website: https://www.
- Call: +91 9167226464
- Email: email@example.com