Papers should be approximately 3,500 words or less of text, not including references, footnotes, graphs, tables, etc.
- Submission instructions:
Submissions should be emailed to the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should include the following documents in Word (or equivalent) format:
1. A “blinded” manuscript including an Abstract of 100-150 words (double-blind peer review);
2. Journal of Economic Literature Classification codes, and 3-5 keywords (JEL Classifications are available here: https://www.aeaweb.org/jel/guide/jel.php)
3. A cover sheet with all author names and affiliations included (for Editor’s use only).
Each submitted manuscript will go through a double anonymized review, through the following steps:
- The Editor-in-Chief or the Deputy Editor decides whether to desk-reject or assign the manuscript to an Associate Editor.
- The Associate Editor decides whether to desk-reject or to send the manuscript to at least two anonymous Reviewers.
- After having received them, the Associate Editor assesses the two review reports, and communicates a final decision to Authors and Reviewers.
- Desk rejection may occur because of submitting a:
- topic that is outside the scope of the Journal;
- manuscript of too low quality in its form and/or content.
- A final decision may be made after one round of review.
- Most manuscripts go through one round of revision before publication.
- Revision does not guarantee publication.
- There is a publication fee to cover the costs associated with producing papers which have been accepted for publication. The publication fee is US$80 for faculty and US$25 for students.
- The authors are expected to pay the fee within 2 weeks of the paper being accepted. If the fee is not paid, the paper will not be sent for processing.
- To pay the publication fee, please follow this link.