Dear SABE members,
We are pleased to announce the call for nominees to serve on the SABE Advisory Board (henceforth the Board) for the 2022-2026 term.
SABE is a member-driven organization that relies on participation of its members to fulfill the organization’s mission. Together with the Executive Committee, the Board is responsible for guiding and directing the affairs of the Society. By serving as a Board member, you provide valuable help in advising, discussing, and approving major organizational decisions. The discussions and the approval (if needed) takes place via email. In addition, the Board members are expected to attend the Board meeting and the General Assembly during the SABE annual conference.
Board Membership and Terms:
- 9 positions for Board membership open for the term 2022-2026.
- Board members’ term of service is four years, commencing on Dec 20, 2022.
- Board members are expected to be active SABE members by the time of election and committed to SABE’s mission, vision and values (which are documented in the SABE Bylaws).
- Board members are expected to remain current (paying) members of SABE during the entire duration of their 4-year service.
As a SABE member, you are encouraged to submit a nomination for a colleague or for yourself.
- Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- an updated copy of your/the nominee’s curriculum vitae (CV),
- a short biography,
- a short paragraph of motivation of your/the nominee’s vision to serve SABE and
- a photo
- Self-nominations are encouraged.
- The Nomination Process closes on December 1, 2022 (UTC-8, Pacific Standard Time, 23:59h).
Nominated candidates will be announced on SABE website, and copies of the nominee’s biographies, vision statement and photo posted online. With your nomination you are giving your consent that these materials can be uploaded on SABE website for the voting process only. As soon as the election is over, all materials will be permanently removed from SABE website.
SABE Members are encouraged to cast their vote for the nominated Board candidates and the President-Elect Giuseppe Attanasi from December 3 through December 17, 2022 (UTC-8, Pacific Standard Time, 23:59h) on SABE. A separate email with detailed instructions will be sent through SABE’s communication channels in due course. SABE Members who paid the regular membership fee in this or the former year, or participated at the IAREP/SABE online conference (2021) and/or the SABE conference at Lake Tahoe (2022) are eligible to vote. The new Board will be formally announced via email no later than December 20, 2022.
The Board plays a key role in the governance of the Society, so thank you for considering a self- nomination or a nomination for a colleague. If you have any queries regarding the Board Membership and/or the nomination process please contact email@example.com