The Bylaws are SABE’s main document to govern and operate the organization. They outline the purpose of the organization, as well as rules around authority levels, rights, and duties, and guide the actions and decisions of both Officers and Board members. In particular, the Bylaws define:
- Roles and duties of Officers and Board members
- Size of the Board and how it will function
- Rules and procedures for holding meetings, Board elections, forming committees, and
- Communication channels
- Role and term of Country Representatives
- Other essential corporate governance matters
The Bylaws are regularly updated and the amendments proposed to the Board and the Membership to receive approval.