Best Student Paper Competition 2021
We encourage students (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, PhD) to participate in the Best Student Paper Competition 2021!
The Best Student Paper Competition is a highlight of each IAREP-SABE conference.
Elsevier, the publisher of the Journal of Economic Psychology and the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, sponsors the competition.
- The winner of the Elsevier/IAREP/SABE Best Student Paper Competition 2021 receives 1,000 Euro and a year’s electronic subscription to either the Journal of Economic Psychology or the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics.
- The second and third place will receive a year’s electronic subscription to either journal.
- The three winners will be honored at the conference, will receive a certificate, and will be listed in the associations’ newsletters.
A committee of IAREP and SABE members will evaluate the submitted papers. The criteria are: (a) interest of paper topic for economic psychology and/or behavioral economics; (b) quality of research; and (c) quality of writing.
How to apply?
The following rules apply for this competition:
- The conference submission has to be accepted as an oral presentation.
- The student has to be the presenting author of that submission.
- The student is asked to apply for the competition by uploading a full paper as conference submission. In the submission form, please tick the box: Consider for the Best Student Paper Competition 2021
- To allow for blinded review, author information should only be provided on a separate title-page file and not included in the manuscript file.
- On the title page, the student should provide a statement about each author’s contribution to the manuscript. The applicant is expected to be the first author and main contributor.
- Students are only eligible for the competition if they participate in the 2021 virtual IAREP-SABE conference.
- Any inquiries about the competition can be addressed to IAREP treasurer Agata Gąsiorowska (agasiorowska[at]swps.edu.pl)
Advisors, please encourage your students to submit their best current work to the conference and remind them to submit a complete manuscript for the competition.